Odyssey Montessori School, Sorauren Campus – Toronto, ON
Location: Sorauren Campus – 136 Sorauren Ave.
Start Date: September 2022, Full time
The position requires a solid understanding of the Montessori philosophy and a dedication to the children.
- Candidates should be enthusiastic, patient and must have excellent communication skills to work effectively with colleagues and parents
- A commitment to inspire, motivate and understand the child’s needs is necessary, in the effort to guide and manage the classroom
- Must possess strong leadership and organizational skills
- Must have effective classroom management skills, a positive attitude, and love to work with children
- The Montessori Toddler teacher is responsible for educating, stimulating, influencing, and caring for the children in their classroom.
- Their principal responsibilities include maintaining a high quality environment, assessing, observing and caring for the individual needs of every child, educating children in accordance to the designated curriculum model for their age group, maintaining open and honest lines of communication between parents and team members and always exemplifying professionalism. Good communication is required (oral and written) for leading Parent Workshops, Curriculum Night and other events
- A dedication and a thirst for knowledge and a desire for continued professional development
Reports to: Head of School, Principal, Vice Principal
Qualifications and Experience
- A Montessori Toddler Diploma from a MACTE accredited or AMI training centre.
Applicants interested in being a part of our dynamic team must be committed to the Montessori Principles, show great work ethic and be able to work independently and as a team to maintain our positive school culture.
We offer a competitive salary and a supportive working environment. Compensation will be determined by the candidate’s level of experience. Health and Dental Benefits are available.
Please visit www.odysseymontessori.com for more information about our school.
We request all applicants to send their cover letters and resumes to email@example.com – Mary Tomazos, Head of School.