First Academy Montessori School – Markham, ON
First Academy Montessori school is licensed with the Ministry of Education and offers a Primary Montessori Program with a mixed-age group in the classroom.
We are currently seeking a Toddler Guide/Directress to begin in September 2023 The candidate must have:
- A valid work permit or residence status in Canada
- A strong commitment to Montessori philosophy
- A MACTE accredited diploma
- Minimum of two years of working experience with children
- Current First Aid and CPR – Level C – Standard Training
- Criminal Reference Check – vulnerable sector screening
- Immunization up to date & 2 step TB Test
- To plan and implement an effective Montessori program for children within a warm and nurturing learning environment
- To supervise the children at all times, ensuring a safe environment
- To maintain a positive and consistent approach towards child management that is compatible with the First Academy philosophy and program statement.
- To communicate with parents daily in a positive and supportive manner
- To assist, supervise, and guide students as well as any supply staff and/or Student volunteers
- To demonstrate a sound knowledge of all relevant sections of the Child Care Early Years Act and ELECT document.
- To maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and courtesy at all times
- Beautiful bright classrooms with complete sets of Montessori materials
- Friendly and Supportive working environment
- Competitive salary
- Generous Insurance benefits package
- Employer-paid professional development
- Dental and extended health care benefits
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Tuition reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you reside in Canada and have a valid working status?
- Are you a MACTE certified, Montessori trained teacher?
- Childcare: 2 years (required)
Work location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-08-26
We kindly request all applicants send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.