Position Title: Montessori Toddler Teacher
Reports to: Principal
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, within the hours of 7am – 6pm
Compensation: Compensation will be determined by their level of experience. Health and Dental Benefits are available after 3 months of employment, vacation time, and wellness days are available.
The Montessori Country School is located in Nobleton, York Region, Ontario, Canada, and is a fully-licensed childcare centre, registered private school and accredited Montessori school, which provides programs for children ages 12 months to 12 years of age. Through the Montessori Country School – Nobleton, children receive care designed to help them develop their academic, emotional and social skills, and grow the foundations they will need to succeed in life. Our vision is to make every customer experience easy, efficient and enjoyable. If you are looking for a great career opportunity have the talent and passion to be a top performing ambassador, we would love the opportunity to meet with you.
The Role The Montessori Toddler teacher is responsible for educating, stimulating, influencing and caring for the children in their classroom. Their principle responsibilities include: maintaining a high quality environment, assessing, observing and caring for the individual needs of every child, educating children in accordance to the designated curriculum model for their age group, maintaining open and honest lines of communication between parents and team members and always exemplifying professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use a variety of relevant resources and technology to supplement the lesson plans in a meaningful way.
- Daily reporting and record-keeping – attendance, allergy, medication, communication logs
- Manage and maintain an orderly classroom – follow cleaning schedules and room routines
- Use a variety of formative and summative assessments such as diagnostics, assignments, tests/quizzes and homework projects to initiate lesson objectives and assess learning.
- Maintain a positive learning environment using age-appropriate and effective classroom management techniques.
- Keep up-to-date on innovative teaching methods and developments in the education field through seminars, additional qualifications, etc.
- Lead teacher to plan and develop program in line with children’s interests. Programming must
- Support children with emotional, physical, or behavioral problems and help develop their social, emotional, cognitive and physical skills
Qualifications and Experience
- A Montessori diploma from a MACTE accredited or AMI training centre
- Up-to-date First Aid and CPR
- Up-to-date Immunization and 2 tiered TB test
- B.A. or B.Sc. from a recognized University
- strengths in organizational skills, communication skills, parent education and leadership
- excellent teamwork skills
- confident and flexible professionalism
- love of outdoors
- minimum 3 years teaching experience (preferred)
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
The Montessori Country School is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Montessori Country School believes in integration and equal opportunity and is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility, removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable laws of Ontario.