Aurora Montessori School – ON
Aurora Montessori School is a co-educational Montessori private school located in the heart of Aurora, Ontario on 14 acres of natural conservation lands. AMS delivers robust Montessori programming to students aged Toddler to Grade 8 in a 36,000 sq. ft facility with multiple state of the art playground areas, an outdoor amphitheatre and outdoor classroom, a gymnasium with a performance stage, and so much more.
Our mission is to help children realize the great potential that rests within, by assisting them in developing a sense of self and inspiring them to act on their ambitions. By adhering to the core principles, philosophies, and pedagogy of Dr. Maria Montessori, we are devoted to each child’s intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, and physical development.
AMS is seeking a caring, patient and engaging full-time Montessori Toddler teachers and RECE educators who are passionate about providing a nurturing Montessori program with developmentally appropriate activities geared to the needs of the individual child with concerns to their interests, special needs, and intellectual and emotional level. The successful candidates will lovingly supervise the children and guide them in their daily routine at school while practicing the Montessori philosophy and maintaining provincial Ministry of Education standards and guidelines.
- MACTE or AMI Toddler Diploma or RECE qualifications or both
- RECE’s must be currently registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECEO) and in good standing
- Knowledge of ELECT and How Does Learning Happen?
- Minimum of 2 years experience preferred
- Must be able to work extended hours to participate in school activities, including parent evenings, Open Houses, concerts, and other school sanctioned events
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C
- Up to date Immunization Health Screening/Record (as per CCEYA guidelines)
- Self-starter with high energy, flexibility, initiative, and the ability to multi-task
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral, written and computer skills
- Proficiency with Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Confident using Zoom or Teams for video conferencing and being on-camera
- Knowledge of EDSBY Learning Management System
- Food Handlers Certification
- Work collaboratively to plan and deliver a robust and authentic Montessori/How Does Learning Happen? curriculum
- Design and facilitate learning experiences that support the individualized learning needs of all students
- Develop a safe, caring, and engaging learning environment that is grounded in AMS’ core values of respect, inclusivity, inquisitiveness and kindness
- Monitor, provide feedback and assess student learning using a range of tools and strategies
- Communicate effectively and regularly with colleagues, students, and their families
- Attend and participate in school functions and events
We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities, please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
We are looking for applicants who can start immediately.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by Friday, February 4, 2022.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Aurora Montessori School, visit our website: www.auroramontessori.com.