Seeking Summer Camp Instructor July 2021
We are seeking a Summer Camp instructor with a love for learning, growing, and being part of
something special. While using the general philosophy of Maria Montessori as a guide, the
summer camp instructor will be responsible for all day-to-day supervision and management of
(6) campers, and create and implement camp activities.
The children will be spending a vast majority of time outside, learning about their environment
and nature, while continuing to honour the foundations of Montessori education. The camp
format will continue to focus on teaching real-life skills, promoting independence, and
encouraging the children to follow their interests and passions. There will be an emphasis on
personal health & well-being, to strengthen their confidence in their body’s ability to thrive,
heal & grow. We will also be focusing on gross and fine motor skills outdoors, that will include
sports and other physical activities. We are looking to help the children develop hand-eye
coordination, balance, agility, body intelligence, etc. There is an arts and crafts component that
will revolve around nature and our environment, incorporate things that we find to make things
creative and magical. While this is a summer instructor position, there is opportunity to be a
part of our school team, come September.
We are currently building a new, larger, licensed school this year- one that goes beyond the
typical school. We not only focus on cognitive, social, and emotional development, skill
building, and creating independence, but something beyond that, much more unique & special.
We help facilitate self-esteem, self-compassion, and a growth/bulletproof mindset, as well as
going deeper by instilling empowering beliefs in the children that will set them up for a lifetime
of success in all facets of their life. We’re looking to be different, innovative, and truly unique.
This is based on advanced psychology and neuroscience that will be applied in the children’s
We believe in the continuous flow of communication between teacher, child, and parents. We
believe that everyone needs to continuously evolve in their learning, understanding, and their
We will be providing additional training in psychology and neuroscience that will be able to be
directly applied to the children and the environment.
We are looking for a summer camp instructor with a passion for empowering children, a love
for learning and having fun. We’re looking for an instructor with emotional intelligence,
empathy and patience. An instructor that is able to adapt to the children’s learning needs and
new environments. An instructor that can think on her feet and has the ability to constantly
evolve and come up with creative solutions.
If you are an instructor that has a drive for continuous self-development as a priority in your
life, are open-minded, and enjoys collaborating with others and building something beautiful,
then this role is for you.
The child age range is 3-6 years old.
We are looking for someone that has minimum 2 years experience.
We offer competitive pay.
Our children’s mental health is critical at such a vulnerable age, and at this time in history.
We believe it is crucial at this time to make sure the children are building a positive/growth
mindset and resiliency in this unprecedented time. An environment that doesn’t breed fear, but
love, joy, and critical thinking. An environment where it’s encouraged for children to interact
without being encumbered by distance restrictions or covering up those beautiful, happy faces.
Education, Experience and Training:
Must be at least 19 years of age or older. Must be CPR/First Aid certified. Must have a
Vulnerable Sector Check. Prior experience working with children is mandatory. Preference to
candidates familiar with the Montessori education system or willingness to learn. Candidates
should have a love of health and wellness, an outgoing personality, good interpersonal skills,
positive outlook, flexible, collaborative, and open to new ideas and concepts.
- Implement the day-to-day operations of the program. This includes (but is not limited to) games, crafts, nature walks, outdoor time, sports, preparing lunch and snack, and other scheduled events.
- Supervise, support, motivate and inspire all campers.
- Engage in open communication and dialogue with parents.
- Attend all staff training/orientation and meetings
- Prioritize the health, safety and well being of campers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- RECE/ECE certification or similar
- MACTE/AMI Accredited Montessori Diploma an asset
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Previous experience working with children in nature and guiding the development of
fine and gross motor skills.
- Able to work and create a Montessori atmosphere, promoting independence, critical
thinking and creativity within the campers.
- Possess leadership qualities, be organized, dedicated, positive and love children.
- Work well independently and with others.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Protect, honour, and respect the well-being of the children.
- Have a passion for health and wellness and the great outdoors.
- Be available for the summer program.
- Excellent collaborative skills and an open mindset is essential
- Lots of positive energy, loves to have fun and brings joy into everything
- Excellent organizational and planning skills are essential.
- Must have strong communication, and management abilities.
- Up to date with Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR
- Criminal reference check – vulnerable sector screening
- Food Handler Trained an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office System
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills, which will be used to
communicate with management, parents/guardians, the general public and children
- Must have excellent time management and possess strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work independently and a positive professional attitude
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities
Successful candidate will be required to provide upon hiring:
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- Standard First Aid/CPR certification, or proof of enrollment in course.
If you are interested, please contact Adrian at: firstname.lastname@example.org