We are seeking an experienced, highly committed, and passionate School Supervisor to collaborate on the creation of a brand-new Montessori School in West Toronto. We are currently an unlicensed school and are building a new, larger, licensed school- one that goes beyond the typical school. We are looking for a Supervisor with a love for learning, growing, and being part of something special. The Supervisor will be responsible for (but is not limited to) managing and ensuring the optimal operation of Montessori Casa and Elementary classrooms. The Supervisor will work collaboratively with the Head of School to create a truly special school. We not only focus on cognitive, social, and emotional development, skill
building, and creating independence, but something beyond that, much more unique & special.
We help facilitate self-esteem, self-compassion, and a growth/bulletproof mindset, as well as going deeper by instilling empowering beliefs in the children that will set them up for a lifetime of success in all facets of their life. We’re looking to be different, innovative, and truly exceptional.
This is based on advanced psychology and neuroscience that will be applied in the children’s environment.
We believe in the continuous flow of communication between the school, Guide, child, and parents. We believe that everyone needs to evolve in their learning, understanding, and their development. We will be providing additional training that is to be applied to the children and the environment.
This is an opportunity for a supervisor to get in on the ground floor and help develop the structure of the school with their unique touch. This is for a supervisor with an interest in being part of a team and potentially a larger leadership role in the future, creating a paradigm shift in education.
We are looking for a supervisor with a passion for supporting others, empowering children, a love for learning and having fun. We’re looking for a supervisor with emotional intelligence, empathy, and patience. A supervisor that is able to adapt to support others, new environments, new research, and children’s learning needs. A supervisor that can think on their feet and has the ability to constantly evolve and come up with creative solutions. We are looking for a selfstarter that loves to create and implement systems, policies, and procedures.
If you are a supervisor that has a drive for continuous self-development as a priority in your life, are open-minded, are willing to learn and grow, and enjoys collaborating with others and building something beautiful, then this role is for you. We are looking for someone that has minimum 5 years experience.
We offer competitive pay. Our children’s mental health is critical at such a vulnerable age, and at this time in history. We believe it is crucial to make sure the children are building a positive/growth mindset and
resiliency in this unprecedented time. An environment that doesn’t breed fear, but love, joy,
and critical thinking. An environment where it’s encouraged for children to interact without
being encumbered by distance restrictions or covering up those beautiful, happy faces.
Education, Experience and Training:
Ideal candidate must hold an AMI/MACTE accredited Montessori Diploma and have 5 years
experience in a classroom environment or as a school supervisor or a combination of both.
Added RECE/ECE experience is an asset. Education in and teaching experience in more than one
plane of development an asset. Must be First Aid/CPR trained with an up-to-date certification.
Must possess a Vulnerable Sector Reference Check. Food Handler trained an asset.
• Help in early stages of school development; interviewing new personnel along with school Director, student registration, materials, classroom supplies and furniture lists
• Develop a strategic plan for campus ex. the maintenance of ratios, daily schedule, etc.
• Ensure delivery and implementation of an exceptional Montessori program
• Provide leadership to all staff and create a strong culture and community that embodies the mission of our organization
• Enhancing and ensuring a loving, positive, and friendly school environment
• Collaborate on budget and monitoring of budget
• Developing, maintaining, and nurturing relationships with families, children, staff, and other parties (Ministry of Education, Toronto City Council)
• Ensuring school consistently meets CCEYA, Public Health and Montessori Standards (CCMA)
• Maintaining children and staff record and preparing reports as required by City of Toronto and Ministry
• Preparing and organizing staff meetings and training (when needed).
• Coordinating school events
• Creating and collaborating on a monthly newsletter, school social media and online presence and marketing initiatives
• Overseeing and ensuring classroom supplies and materials are adequately stocked, and a level of excellence is maintained
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• AMI/MACTE accredited Montessori Diploma with 5 years experience
• Added RECE/ECE experience an asset
• Working knowledge of the CCEYA, City of Toronto AQI, Childcare Modernization Act, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act
• First Aid/CPR trained
• Vulnerable Sector Reference Check and clean criminal record
• Food Handler Trained an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft Office System
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills, which will be used to communicate with management, employees, parents/guardians, community agencies, general public and children
• Must have excellent organization skills, planning skills, and time management and possess strong attention to detail
• Must be able to create and implement systems, policies, and procedures
• Strong leadership skills, ability to work independently and a positive professional attitude
• Must be able to bring the school philosophy into practice in the school curriculum
• Problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities
• Have a passion for health and wellness and the great outdoors
• Protect, honour, and respect the well-being of the children
Successful candidate will be required to provide:
• Copies of certificates of the aforementioned qualifications
• A clear vulnerable sector screening
• Standard First Aid/CPR certification, or proof of enrollment in course
Location: High Park/Roncesvalles