Montessori Academy Learning Centre
$15-$18 an hour
The Montessori Academy Learning Centre is looking for passionate, educated and dedicated registered early childhood educators to join our infant program. We are looking for the best of the best with a strong knowledge of the “How does learning happen?” pedagogy, a strong understanding of the CCEYA and a true passion and drive for playing a role in the education of our future generation. RECEs with Montessori experience would be a great asset.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide high quality, developmentally appropriate care that exceeds the regulations outlined by the Child Care and Early Years Act, ministry of education and the policies and procedures of the MALC.
- A strong understanding of the Montessori philosophy is of great value
- Maintain strong, positive and effective communication with co-teachers, supervisor, children and parents.
- Ensure quality program are being delivered in all areas of development and learning
- Support and guide students through their learning process and foster their ideas by building bridges to further ideas
- Ensure that each child is given daily opportunity for exploration and inquiry
- Able to incorporate nature-based play, art and classroom decor
- Attend all school functions and staff meetings, while providing your opinion and ideas
- Supervise children through daily routines and transitions, offer support and guidance where needed
- Completes Ages and Stages Questionnaire training during the school PD days if not already completed.
- Complete a portion of daily paperwork
- Plan and implement engaging art, sensory and outdoor activities that enrich the child’s learning and development
- Follows all guidelines, policies and school philosophies in daily practices
- Take part in daily classroom maintenance/cleaning
- Support the classroom head teacher in daily routines and planning
- Take time at the end of your day to reflect back on your daily practices and where we can improve as an educator, as a co-teacher and as a school.
Qualifications and Skills
- Early Childhood Education Diploma (RECE)
- Registered with the College of ECEs
- Up to date immunization records
- Completed CCEYA Self-test within the last 3 months
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR Level C
- Vulnerable Sector Police Criminal Check within the last 6 months
- Located in Guelph is an asset
What we expect from all our Teacher and RECEs:
- Have a strong commitment to the Montessori Philosophy and HDLH Pedagogy
- Daily, clear, positive communication with children, co-teachers and parents
- A minimum of 10 hours of Professional Development per academic year, each staff is given a budget of $100/academic year to complete these hours
- Work well with co-teachers and able to problem solve in a calm, professional manner
- Have the child and their family in their best intrest
- Strive to be a strong influence in the children’s learning process and foster their individuality, creativity and behavior guidance
- Able to access reasonable risk and allow children the chance to take reasonable risks
- Ability to plan and implement age appropriate, engaging outdoor activities and projects
We encourages any passionate RECE to apply regardless of the years of experience in the field.
Please have a brief portfolio ready for the interview, should you be a successful candidate.
Eligible for single or family benefits for medical and dental after 3 months
Paid Professional Development
School Closures for Professional Development as a group
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)