Position Title: Principal
Reports to: VP of Education
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, within the hours of 7am – 6pm
Compensation: Compensation will be determined by their level of experience. Health and Dental Benefits are available after 3 months of employment, vacation time, and wellness days are available.
The Montessori Country School is located in Milton, Halton Region, Ontario, Canada, and is a fully-licensed childcare centre and accredited Montessori school, that provides part-time and full-time programs for children ages 3 years to 6 years of age. Through the Montessori Country School – Milton, children receive care designed to help them develop their academic, emotional and social skills, and grow the foundations they will need to succeed in life. If you want to be part of an organization that makes an impact each and every day by enriching lives, then this is the position for you!
The responsibilities of the Principal include overseeing the day-to-day operations, preparing an environment where children can reach their potential, inspiring and leading the faculty to work at their highest capacity, building trust with multiple stakeholders, and ensuring that all legislative requirements are met.
- Knowledge and compliance with all legislative changes and requirements.
- Oversight of all aspects of the performance of the school.
- Monitoring, coaching, and inspiring of staff in developing a high-quality Montessori curriculum and an exceptional standard of care.
- Recruitment and retention of students and staff.
- Managing revenue and expenses to ensure that the school operates within budgets, work with the finance manager and Vice President of
- Education in budget planning.
- Internal and external communication to cascade information to families and partners within the community.
- Ensure that the school has a strong presence within the community.
- Planning and providing parent outreach events.
- Commitment to excellence in world-class child care and a safe, healthy, and caring environment for all the children.
- Promotion of professionalism and a positive atmosphere through team initiatives and a high standard of customer service.
- Commitment to a physically safe and emotionally supportive environment that shows sensitivity to the individual needs of the children in all aspects of their development, as well as the needs of the staff and parents.
- Experience with crisis management, including knowledge of COVID-19 response scenarios.
- Availability to work outside of school hours.
- 2+ years of experience as a Vice Principal or Principal of a Montessori school.
- Montessori teacher credential at either the Elementary or Casa level from an accredited institution.
- Post-secondary degree (other advanced certification is an asset but not mandatory).
- Experience in oversight of the following programs: Casa and Elementary Program
- Clear, effective oral and written communication with an ability to speak publically.
- People management skills including building motivating and retaining staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of human resources practices.
- Confident with learning new technology systems.
- Organized and resourceful.
- Vulnerable Sector Check, Standard First Aid and CPR level C.
- Health Assessment and Immunization as required by the Ministry of Education
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
The Montessori Country School is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. The Montessori Country School believes in integration and equal opportunity and is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility, removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable laws of Ontario.