Established in 1968, Dearcroft is Oakville’s original Montessori school and the first in our community to offer a comprehensive Junior High (Grade 7/8) program since 1999. Now operating for 50 years, we offer a full toddler (18 months) to Grade 8 program. Dearcroft is a fully accredited charter member of CCMA (Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators) and O.I.S. (Oakville Independent Schools). Dearcroft Montessori School’s mission is to provide our students with the opportunity to develop and nurture their individual academic and social strengths in a safe and motivational learning environment. Within classically structured and fully equipped Montessori classrooms, immersed in a naturally inspired setting, our students experience an exciting, well balanced curriculum.
Dearcroft Montessori school is looking for an experienced, organized, and responsible person to join our community as an elementary level Music Teacher, starting part time in January with potential for full time September 2022.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to work within a flexible and collaborative team environment
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills
- Effective classroom management skills, positive attitude, team player
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication
Experience and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience:
- Working with children (grades 1-8), Montessori environment is preferred
- Experience with teaching guitar, ukulele, vocal, percussion
- Experience with organization of school concerts, completion of report cards, lunch/recess duties
- Police Vulnerable Safety Check
- Up to date immunization, including 2 valid doses for COVID-19, and negative 2 step TB test as per school policy
- Valid First Aid/CPR is an asset
Start Date: January 2022
Job Type: Part time (20+ hours) with potential for Full time
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and credentials
Resumes should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.