Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Ashwood Glen is a new, dynamic and progressive school in the heart of Burlington. Our promise is to
always put our students first and ensure we meet their social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs.
Career Opportunity – (Montessori Supervisor)
Ashwood Glen is seeking an experienced, highly committed and passionate Supervisor/Manager for our
Children’s House. The Supervisor/Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the optimal
operation of the early childhood educational program. The Supervisor works in collaboration with the
Head of School/Principal and Directors.
● Experienced, mature individual with a proven work record of excellence
● A minimum of 3 years’ of supervisory experience
● AMI/MACTE Diploma and Registered Early Childhood Education Certification is an asset
● Montessori teaching experience mandatory
● Good working knowledge of “How Does Learning Happen” and/or Montessori Curriculum
● Clean police record
● Current “First Aid & CPR” certificate
● Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check (within the last six months)
The applicant should have noticeable experience in working with children in licensed childcare center or
Montessori school setting.
Key Responsibilities include:
● Providing leadership to all staff and assisting them with effective implementation of Montessori
curriculum in accordance with directives and guidelines outlined by the school.
● Enhancing and ensuring a positive and friendly school environment.
● Developing, maintaining and nurturing relationships with families, children, staff and other
parties (such as Region of Halton and Ministry of Education).
● Ensuring school consistently meets CCEYA, Public Health and CCMA requirements.
● Maintaining children and staff record and preparing reports as required by Region and Ministry.
● Preparing and organizing staff meetings and training of the Children’s House department.
● Preparing weekly schedule for all staff and ensuring ratios are always met.
● Interviewing new personnel along with Director and HR Manager as required.
● Providing mentorship and support to all staff and ensuring smooth and effective implementation
● Coordinating school events such as concerts, workshops, open houses, school picnic and field
● Creating monthly newsletter and updates for school’s social media and online presence.
● Overseeing and ensuring classroom supplies and materials are adequately stocked at all times.
● Creating and monitoring monthly/quarterly budgets along with Director and Head of School.
● Assisting in school’s marketing initiatives to build enrollment.
● Solid administrative and organizational skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Strong leadership skills, excellent work ethic and the ability to work independently and
● Proven problem-solving skills
● Strong time management skills
● Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
● Food Handler Certificate
● Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
All interested applicants are welcome to submit their resume.