Nelephant Montessori School – St. Catherines, ON
Nelephant Montessori School is a vibrant, family-oriented school with a 50-year history of providing high-quality, authentic Montessori education in St. Catharines, Ontario. We are a CCMA-accredited Montessori School for children aged 18 months to 6 years. We. We provide both Toddler and Casa level programs. Our mission is to provide our children with an authentic Montessori environment that will inspire a lifelong love of learning.
Would you like to join our team of loyal, committed, and passionate educators in making a difference and helping to shape the future of our students?
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Montessori Directress/Director to join our Casa Program team for the 2022/2023 school year. Our ideal candidate is a team-player who is energetic, organized, and dedicated to offering a high-quality Montessori education for the children in their care.
The hours of work would be from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday with some afterhours events throughout the year.
The position will officially start August 29, 2022, but the successful candidate is welcome to come in throughout the summer to get familiar with the classroom.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teaching in one of our two well established Casa classrooms
- Caring for 24 children with the help of a co-teacher and an assistant teacher
- Forming relationships with the children, their families, and other team members
- Caring for all aspects of the prepared learning environment
- Lesson planning and record keeping
- Conducting parent meetings, parent teacher interviews, and writing report cards
- Collaborating with team members and outside specialists when needed to help best meet the needs of all children in the class
- Attending and participating in school activities and events planned by our parent committees
- Must be Montessori trained from a MACTE/AMI accredited program
- Experience working with preschool-aged children
- Valid Police and Vulnerable Sectors check (within the last 6 months)
- First Aid and CPR training required before starting
- RECE training is an asset
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the Head of School, Jodi Sproule: email@example.com