Job Description-Montessori Teacher / Paid Placement Internship
SimplySmart Child Care Centre is starting a Montessori CASA program and looking for experienced, energetic & self-starters who can set up and run a Montessori classroom. A key requirement is experience and positive attitude to start a new program. Salary is negotiable. The teacher should enjoy being around children and have a tremendous ability to engage with children. We include a wage enhancement grant, other funding from the Government and comprehensive health benefits.
Why choose SimplySmart?
A dynamic organization that gives you the ability to grow and learn every day. Medical and dental benefits provided.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Provide the children with a “prepared environment” which includes making materials to support the individual needs within the classroom;
· Plan individual and/or group activities to stimulate growth of the children in social, emotional, and academic areas;
· Instruct children in each area of the classroom: giving presentations and lessons in each area including Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture;
· Allow children to be as independent as possible;
· Encourage individual work time to promote independence as well as group work to promote socialization;
· Identify, select, and modify work in the room to meet the needs of children with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs;
· Conduct parent/teacher interviews;
· Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and coworkers;
· Participate school special activities and celebrations;
· Responsible for diaper changing and/or assisting with toileting while demonstrating respect for the child;
· Responsible for classroom cleanliness;
· Maintains a high level of professional at all time;
· Follows and implements health and safety through the uses of a variety of tools including daily observation forms, sanitary practices forms, medication forms, and the environmental assessment tools;
· Performs other duties as assigned;
· Maintains knowledge, skills and abilities through on-going education and attends professional development courses and workshops;
· Participate in outdoor activities with children for at least 2 hours per day;
· Ensure the program compliance with all Ministry and program’s standards. i.e. CCEYA, CCMA;
· Responsible and independent.
· Creative, hard-working team player, energetic, and flexible.
· Have a very positive and professional attitude and be able to work and contribute to our school and community.
Montessori Certified (Required)
Over one year of experience working with children in a Montessori environment
Standard First Aid CPR C+
Vulnerable Sector Check
Immunization up to date (including a 2 step TB test)
Contract length: 12 months
Mask & face shield to be worn throughout the day. Screening temperatures to happen upon arrival.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour (Certified)
Placement Student Salary: $15.00-$18.00
Screening, masks & face shields
Expected start date: 2021-08-09