Hatch House Montessori School – Whitby, ON
Hatch House Montessori School is an award winning Montessori private school in the Durham Region, located in historic downtown Whitby, Ontario. HHMS delivers superb and enriched Montessori programmes to students from the Toddler age to Grade 8. Our school operates in a beautiful historical building, “The Hatch House”, providing a unique setting with the warmth of natural wood architectural elements and the beauty of magnificent stained glass windows. The HHMS facility is equipped with multi-surface playground areas, an outdoor classroom area, and a parking lot.
Our mission is to inspire children to discover their great potential that rests within, by empowering them in developing a sense of self and allowing them to excel at their own pace while propelled by their aspirations, to always deliver above and beyond. At HHMS we are dedicated to each child’s intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, and physical development and to remain true to the core principles, philosophies, and pedagogy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
Hatch House Montessori School is seeking an experienced, dynamic and organized Montessori educator for the 2022-2023 school year to lead our Lower Elementary classroom from Grade 1– 4, whose passion evidently shines through, has an exceptional love for children, who is kind and nurturing and whose primary goal is to inspire each child’s individuality.
The ideal candidate will develop and carefully craft curricular plans to their students’ unique learning needs with thoughtfulness based on assessment and observation, while incorporating a wholistic and balanced approach to guiding and teaching, including strong academics and supporting students’ development of social/emotional skills.
The candidate will be committed and competent in establishing and nurturing relationships of mutual trust and respect with students and families, and will have the ability to collaborate with the HHMS management and faculty effectively and with integrity. The ideal candidate will be confident in the use of technology and have an aptitude and interest to learn new applications and software. The candidate must be able to implement remote learning strategies due to mandated or unforeseen closures in conjunction with the HHMS Policies and Procedures.
• Montessori Elementary Diploma (6-12 years) from a MACTE accredited or AMI training Institution (at a minimum, a Lower Elementary Diploma is required)
• 3-5 years experience as a lead teacher in a Lower Elementary Montessori environment
• Must be able to work extended hours to participate in school activities, including parent evenings, Open Houses, concerts, and other school events
• Follow and respect the HHMS policies and procedures
• Highly skilled in classroom management, record keeping, student observations, parent communications and conferences, report card writing, etc.
• Assess and record student progress and provide assessment and feedback
• Maintain a tidy, orderly, prepared and clean classroom environment
• Self-starter with high energy, flexibility, initiative, innovation and the ability to multi-task
• Experience working collaboratively as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong oral, written and computer skills
• Current Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C
• Current 2-step TB test, or 1-step TB test with proof of prior 2-step TB test
• Up-to-date Immunization Health Screening/Record
• Proficiency with Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Confident using Zoom for video conferencing and being on-camera
• Knowledgeable and confident using Google Classroom
• Work collaboratively to plan and deliver a strong and authentic Montessori curriculum
• Design and facilitate learning experiences that support the individualized learning needs of all students
• Design and facilitate enrichment activities and specialty clubs that will further support students’ interests and their desire to learn, and the uniqueness of the HHMS enriched curriculum
• Develop a safe, caring, and engaging learning environment that is grounded in the HHMS core values of respect, integrity, inclusivity, inquisitiveness, and kindness
• Monitor, provide feedback and assess student learning using a range of tools and strategies
• Communicate effectively and regularly with colleagues, students, and their families
• Attend and participate in school functions and events
Hatch House Montessori School offers a competitive compensation package based on qualifications and experience. Hatch House Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be considered for this rewarding opportunity, please submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. To learn more about Hatch House Montessori School, visit our website: www.hatchhousemontessori.com
Hatch House Montessori School – Whitby, ON