Blaisdale Montessori School – Pickering, ON
Start Date: August 28, 2023
Hours: 8:15 am – 4:30 pm
Pay as per the collective agreement.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Lower Elementary teaching Diploma/certificate
- Passion for the Montessori philosophy; excellence communicating this philosophy to parents and community
- Ability and interest in working as a team with families and colleagues
- Willingness to serve as a resource and guide – assist in the child’s adventure towards life-long learning
- The right candidate should have strong leadership qualitiies, enjoy taking initiative, possess diplomatic communication skills in different circumstances, and have experience teaching Montessori Elementary students. Genuine warmth and love for guiding children and their families
- Understand and implement Montessori pedagogy and initiative to do and bring new things to the classroom and school
- Must be able to host parent evenings, such as Science Fairs, mothers day tea and similar events. Must be able to independently write report cards.
- Excellent classroom, time management and organizational skills
- The ability to implement a Montessori curriculum utilizing AMS, NCME, AMI or another recognized developmentally appropriate Montessori practice; planning the daily cirriculum; facilitating student growth in developmental, academic and cognitive domains by promoting student participation in the learning experience; establishing strong positive relationships with parents, children and staff.
We request all interested applicants to contact Heather Wilson at email@example.com or at (905) 509-5005 ext. 107