Elite Montessori School – Mississauga, ON
A little bit about us
Elite Montessori School was built with the sole purpose of educating students in a clean, nurturing environment that helps each child reach their full potential. We are located in Mississauga and offer programs from ages 2 ½ to 11 years. We continue to grow each year and are dedicated to offering excellence in education.
At Elite Montessori School you will work as a Lower and an Upper Elementary Montessori Teacher alongside some of the most dedicated educators in the industry. You will spend your time engaging, connecting, and learning alongside children, families, community partners, and co-workers. You will model and grow a perspective of equity and strive for a deeper understanding of cultural awareness. You will work up to 40 hours a week from Monday to Friday. Hours typically run from 8:30 am to 4:30 p.m. The School Year runs from September to the End of June
Roles as an Elementary Teacher
If you are passionate about Montessori and life-long learning; you are energetic, resourceful, and creative in your pursuits of creating learning opportunities, building connections, and engaging with children and families. If you are Lower and Upper Elementary Montessori trained and possess the training and documents required. This is the right school for you.
Some accountabilities associated with the role include:
- Planning and implementing a Lower and an Upper Elementary Program.
- Observing and documenting children’s learning.
- Excellent classroom, time management and organizational skills.
- Building relationships with families and including them in the learning process.
- Working as part of a team with Co-workers, Families, Community Partners, and Children.
- Ensuring the safety of children by learning and acknowledging all children’s diverse needs, backgrounds, and creating equitable opportunities for all children to engage.
- Demonstrating respect for spaces by ensuring the safety and cleanliness of all equipment, furniture, and materials.
- Understand and implement Montessori pedagogy and initiative to do and bring new things to the classroom and school.
- Must be able to host parent evenings, such as Science Fairs, International Day, Graduation Events, Outdoor Events and similar events.
- Must be able to independently write report cards.
- Up to date Immunizations
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR level C Certification
- Police Check including a Vulnerable Sector Screening (no older than 6 months)
- References, including 1 professional and 1 personal
- The ability to implement a Montessori curriculum utilizing AMS, TMI, AMI or another recognized developmentally appropriate Montessori practice
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-09-04