Hamilton Montessori School – Hamilton, ON
Hamilton Montessori School is looking to assemble a team of Montessori Teacher’s to be a part of our growing Montessori school community. Individual(s) must provide a nurturing and stimulating environment to facilitate child(rens) growth, exploration and participation. *New graduates are eligible to apply to this position*
Duties of Applicant:
- Maintain a clean, safe and positive prepared Montessori classroom environment for children
- Develop Montessori lesson plans for children to develop their social, emotional, physical and intellectual skills
- Observe the child and interpret the child(s) needs
- Participate in school activities and accompanying students on field trips
- Attending seminars and workshops as and when required
- Adhering to school policies and guidelines at all times
- Planning and implementing a Lower and or an Upper Elementary Montessori Program.
- Excellent leadership, classroom, time management and organizational skills.
- Building relationships with families and including them in the learning process.
- Working as part of a team with Co-workers, Families, Community Partners, and Children.
- Ensuring the safety of children by learning and acknowledging all children’s diverse needs, backgrounds, and creating equitable opportunities for all children to engage.
- Must be able to host parent evenings, such as Science Fairs, International Day, Graduation Events, Outdoor Events and similar events.
- Must be able to independently write report cards.
- Montessori Diploma (MACTE, AMI) in Montessori Elementary teaching ( Lower or Upper Elementary) , OR B.Ed / B.A in a related discipline is required
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR-C (or willing to obtain before starting)
- Current Vulnerable Screening Police Record Check (or willing to obtain before starting)
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30 + per hour ( based on experience )
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/locate/ close to school location:
- 299, Barton Street, Stoney Creek, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
We kindly request all applicants email their resume to email@example.com.