Kawartha Montessori School – ON
Who We Are:
Kawartha Montessori School (KMS) is the only CCMA accredited Montessori school within the
beautiful Kawartha area. Our campus is located on 10 acres directly beside Mark S. Burnham
Provincial Park and we have been in operation for 41 years. We have a dynamic team of
dedicated staff, an engaged parent community, and a committed volunteer Board of Directors.
We offer an unparalleled learning environment for children from 2½ years to Grade 8, and
provide an authentic Montessori education that emphasizes the whole child within an
environment that inspires the pursuit of academic excellence and the development of socially
responsible citizens. We nurture independence, self-esteem, and empathy. We inspire curiosity
and love of learning, and enrich an individual’s knowledge, skills and work by challenging each
child to reach their potential. We create an inclusive community that celebrates diversity and
respect. We are a workplace culture founded on our core values of: Integrity, Commitment,
Respect, Innovation and Achievement.
Your Role at KMS:
This is a unique role that is full of possibilities. We wish to recruit a trained, passionate, and committed Music and Visual Arts Specialist to teach our Elementary and Middle School students (grades 1-8).
- Teach Music lessons in small groups (total of 6.5 hours a week of instructional time).
- Teach Art lessons to full classes (total of 3 hours a week of instructional time).
- Coordinate whole school Music events (Winter Concert, Showcase Talent Show, end of year Graduation musical performance).
- Assessing and writing report cards as well participating in parent/teacher conferences.
- There is an opportunity as well to use the space at our school to run your own 1:1 private piano lessons to the students in our school community throughout the school day.
- Ideal candidate would be able to take on all aspects of this position but please apply if only some of the requirements suit your talents, abilities or interests.
- Undergraduate degree and/or Music Arts Diploma
- Passion and experience teaching music and art to children/youth
- Understanding of Montessori education and pedagogy
- Montessori teaching certificate and/or Bachelor of Education (preferable, but not essential)
- Experience with wind instruments
- Maturity, patience and a friendly demeanor
- A criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screening prior to start date
- Hold a current First Aid certification with Child/Infant CPR
How You Can Join Our Team:
If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title (Music and Arts Specialist) in your subject line.
We will review applications as they are received until we find our successful candidate. We thank you for your interest and those selected to participate in the selection process will be contacted. Accommodation in accordance with applicable legislation will be provided for all employment related activities, KMS is an equal opportunity employer.
We look forward to having a person who shares our passion and commitment to
education join us!