Zebra Crossing Academy – Calgary, AB
Zebra Crossing Academy is a growing Accredited academic childcare facility in Calgary, consisting of preschool, kindergarten, daycare and out of school care for children 12 months to 12 years.
We are seeking a trained and certified Montessori Teacher/Directress with some experience. If you are passionate about teaching children and are driven by a desire to enhance early childhood education, Zebra Crossing Academy is the place for you!
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Must ensure that lesson planning is an integral part of the day and following through with the setting up classroom materials and planning activities for the children’s learning and development.
- Work cooperatively as a member of the childcare team, facilitating a team environment through personal behavior, work contributions, and the sharing of expertise and knowledge.
- Provide effective supervision, support classroom routines, and maintain behavioral expectations with children.
- Coordinate and participate with parents and/or guardians to ensure the educational success of the child.
- Must be comfortable with performing parent teacher interviews and creating report cards
- Daily reporting and record-keeping, including daily attendance and communication logs, allergy, medication, and health records, and addressing all health and safety concerns.
- Participate in internal and external learning activities to increase knowledge and awareness of Early Childhood Education research.
- Assist children with self-help skills, including feeding, toileting, and diapering.
- Rapport with children, parents and staff is vital.
- Keeping the space clean, organized and safe is a must. Communication must be maintained with all parties at all times.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Formal education within Early Childhood Education (CDA, CDW or CDS).
- Early Childhood Educator Certificate (minimum Level 2).
- Minimum 2-year experience teaching preschoolers.
- Experience teaching within a Montessori Environment.
- You must speak and write English fluently and a second language, mainly Spanish or French would be an asset
- Current First Aid Certificate (may be obtained upon hire).
- Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, within the past 6 months.
- A flexible and positive attitude that is adaptable to change, stress, and daily challenges.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, time management, problem-solving, and leadership abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and colleagues.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
All interested applicants can forward their resumes to email@example.com