Royal Academy Montessori Preschool – Brampton, ON
We are seeking a dynamic teacher who is enthusiastic, qualified, and who can successfully use their experience teaching Montessori and incorporate it into our program. An ideal applicant would have knowledge of Montessori fundamentals, as well knowledge of Montessori materials and its uses. A Montessori Diploma would be an Asset but is not mandatory. Candidates must be able to work as a positive team player and be able to communicate effectively with children, parents/guardians and colleagues.
- Create lesson plans according with the center philosophy
- Maintain open communication between staff and parents
- Observe and record relevant information about student’s progress
- Ensure that the classroom and all teaching materials are in good condition and disinfected when it is supposed
- Ensure that the program runs according to the daily schedule and to the Ministry’s regulations
- Provide supervision and training to students and supply teachers
- Participate in all school events such as, open houses, parent meetings, etc.
- Maintain records and checklists according to Ministry’s regulations
- Supervise work/activity periods to provide guidance and ensure correct use of the materials
- Assist with light cleaning
- Facilitate the development of each child’s self-esteem, trust and autonomy
- Participate in staff meetings, parent teacher interviews, training sessions, etc.
- Role model appropriate behavior
- Maintain clear and concise reporting of accidents, injuries, illnesses, as well as conducting health checks of children
- Fundamental knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act, How Does Learning Happen? and Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT)
- Maintains regular communication with parents
- Maintain records (daily log, check lists, Hi Mama reports, etc.)
Skills and Requirements:
- MACTE or AMI certified preferred
- Vulnerable Police check
- Updated immunization
- Excellent Communication Skills
We request all interested applicants to send their resume to email@example.com.