Position: Casa Montessori Teacher
Start Date: September 2021
Location: Toronto (Etobicoke)
- MACTE Accredited – Toddler Montessori Diploma
- Strong Communication Skills for Parent Meetings, Parent Workshops, School Events
- Strong Leadership and Organizational Skills
- Strong Ability to Collaborate in a Team environment
- CPR-C Certificate
- Current VSC Check will be required
Please email Resume to:
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Etobicoke Montessori School has been providing authentic Montessori education for children 18 months to 6 years of age since 1995. We are situated in the west end of Toronto, in a beautifully renovated school house with plenty of natural lighting in each classroom. We have 1 Toddler class and 2 Casa classes. We offer competitive salaries and professional development opportunities.
Visit www.etobicokemontessorischool.ca for information about our programs.
We are hiring a Casa Montessori Teacher to start in September 2021.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Casa Montessori Teacher will be responsible for teaching the Casa program, and will be supported by a Montessori Assistant. We follow the Ministry of Education Child Care Early Years Act (CCEYA) and Toronto Public Health requirements.
Skills and Qualification
The ideal candidate must have a joyful personality, be dependable, be committed to Montessori education and to sharing these skills. The ideal candidate must have a solid understanding of child development, programming for appropriate age groups and knowledge of the Ministry of Education’s regulations.
- Casa Montessori Diploma with MACTE accreditation
- Minimum 1-year experience (Preferred), New graduates also welcome to apply
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent team work capabilities
- Ability to easily adapt to new situations
- Commitment to excellence in Montessori Philosophy
- Standard first aid with CPR-C
- A current VSC
What can we offer:
- Joyful environment
- Attractive salary with professional development opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Expected Start Date: September 2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22-24 per hour
- 7.5 hour shift
- child care: 1 year (Preferred)