The Academy of Life Casa Montessori Teacher
Job Location: Stoney Creek
Job Grade: Ages 3-6yrs
Start Date: TBD – September
Status: 1 Opening – Full Time
The Academy of Life for Toddlers prides themselves on being the first of its kind focused on organic, non-processed nutrition, optimal sleep practices, and a holistic Montessori learning space and mindset.
The teacher is agreeing to nurture the comprehensive development of all the children in the school using the Montessori Method of education. Teachers are agreeing to work in partnership with the director, other staff members, the families of the school and community at large to create the best possible Montessori education for children in our pre-casa program.
When accepting a teaching position with the academy, teachers are agreeing, to the best of their ability, to demonstrate the skills and professional practices listed below. Teachers working for the academy, agree to set goals and share these with the director, then revisit the goals and job description twice annually in order to self-assess and receive feedback from the executive director.
Here at the academy, we love experiencing creative expressions through music, art, nature, a culinary palate, and unique self-expressions.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Introduce and present new material to individual
- Carefully observe and keep daily records on each student’s individual progression, always being available to offer gentle
- Keep student records organized within the classroom and on the Transparent Classroom data base.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop rapport with students and treat each child with respect.
- Demonstrates a broad repertoire of teaching strategies that honour varied learning styles within the Montessori Philosophy. The strategies should effectively meet the developmental, cognitive, emotional and social needs of
- Professional communication with Supervisor, Receptionist, other Teachers and
- Conduct parent teacher interviews
- Ensure that the building, materials and playground are clean, safe and Complete classroom and outdoor cleanliness forms.
- MACTE or AMI Certified
- ECE Certified an asset
- Min 1 year teaching experience needed
- Infant/Child First Aid & CPR Certified
- Criminal Reference/Vulnerable Sector Check Required + Bondable
- Up to Date Immunizations
- The ideal candidate speaks Italian, English (more languages even better)
- Plays piano and/or guitar is an
- Enjoys being in nature is an asset
- A background in either drama, music, visual arts, dance or children’s yoga is an asset Working Conditions:
- Bending and kneeling throughout the day
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Please send required documents listed below to be considered for an interview:
- References (Min 3)
- Infant/Child CPR & First Aid (standard first aid)
- Criminal Background Check
- Immunizations List