Pine Lake Montessori School is seeking an experienced Casa Montessori Teacher (MACTE/AMI) to fill a vacancy commencing July 2021.
Who is Pine Lake Montessori School?
Pine Lake Montessori School (PLMS) is a small, well-established school located in North York, ON. Fully licensed by the Ministry of Education and accredited by Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators, PLMS prides itself on creating a collaborative and diverse learning environment for children from the time they are toddlers, until the end of grade three. Our goal is to foster a learning environment that empowers children to reach their full potential as life-long learners. We are highly supportive of our staff, and consistently look for ways to help them grow, develop, and achieve their professional goals. Above all else, we value the principles of respect: respect for oneself, respect for others, and respect for the environment.
What are we looking for in our employees?
It is very important for those who work at Pine Lake Montessori to share the same core values and strive for the same goals as the school itself. Beyond exceptional communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the necessary credentials, it is essential for each applicant to have an unwavering commitment to truly understanding the needs of the PLMS children. We value team players with a positive attitude who are responsible, professional, and passionate. We are looking for individuals with strong interpersonal skills, who are just as comfortable nurturing and educating children as they are discussing a child’s performance with their parents and collaborating closely with their colleagues. Pine Lake Montessori is infused with a spirit of enthusiasm, with a dedication to excellence and compassion. We would expect the same in our teachers and staff. If this sounds like you, please apply below. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Early Childhood Montessori Diploma (AMI/MACTE)
- Minimum one year of teaching experience in a Montessori setting is preferred
- Certified in Standard First Aid, including Infant & Child CPR – Level C
- Current criminal reference check, vulnerable sector screening will be requested
- Updated immunization record and TB test required
- Well versed in technology skills
- To plan and implement an effective Montessori program for children within a warm and nurturing learning environment
- To teach children online if needed.
- To supervise the children at all times, ensuring a safe environment
- To maintain a positive and consistent approach towards child management that is compatible with the philosophy and values of Pine Lake Montessori School
- To communicate with parents on a daily basis in an open and supportive manner
- To assist, supervise, and guide students as well as any supply staff
- To demonstrate sound knowledge of all relevant sections of the Child Care Early Years Act
- To maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and courtesy at all times
The job description will be discussed in further detail if you are selected for an interview.
Candidates interested in applying, should email their resume to: Sue Eirdmousa, Director of Pine Lake Montessori School at firstname.lastname@example.org
While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.