Academy of Enlightened Minds – Toronto, ON
We are seeking a Casa Montessori Guide with a love for learning, growing, and being part of something special. We are a private school that goes beyond the typical school. We focus on cognitive, social, and emotional development, skill building, and creating independence, but we go beyond that, much more unique & special. We help facilitate self-esteem, self-compassion, a bulletproof mindset, and intuition; as well as going deeper by instilling empowering beliefs in the children that will set them up for a lifetime of success in all facets of their life. We’re looking to be different, innovative, and truly unique. We take into consideration all of the children’s environmental factors that we are aware of, and to immerse the children in a way of life that is holistic, supportive, and unlimited.
We are here to increase the consciousness of the children and families in our community. To create an environment that allows for the children to be empowered, challenged, and elevated… To help the children make quantum leaps in all areas of their life.
We believe in the continuous flow of communication between teacher, child, and parents. We believe that everyone needs to evolve in their learning, understanding, and their development – children, guides, and parents.
We will be providing additional training that is to be applied to the children and the environment.
This is also an opportunity for a guide to get in on the ground floor with interest in being a part of a team and potentially a larger leadership role in the future, creating a paradigm shift in education.
We are looking for a guide with a passion for empowering children, a love for learning and having fun. We’re looking for a guide with emotional intelligence, empathy, and patience. A guide that is able to adapt to the children’s learning needs, new environments, and new research. A guide that can think on her feet and has the ability to constantly evolve and come up with creative solutions. We are looking for a guide that is resourceful, open to change, and has children as their priority.
If you are a guide that has a drive for continuous self-development as a priority in your life, are open minded, and enjoys collaborating with others and building something beautiful, then this role is for you.
Our children’s mental health is critical at such a vulnerable age, and at this time in history.
We believe it is crucial to make sure the children are building a positive/growth mindset and resiliency in this unprecedented time. An environment that doesn’t breed fear, but love, joy, and critical thinking.
Education, Experience and Training:
Ideal candidate must hold an AMI/MACTE accredited Montessori Diploma and have 2 years experience in a Montessori classroom environment or school environment. Added RECE/ECE experience is an asset. Must be First Aid/CPR trained with an up to date certification. Must possess a Vulnerable Sector Reference Check. Food Handler trained an asset.
- MACTE/AMI Accredited Montessori Diploma in the area of Early Childhood
- Lots of positive energy, loves to have fun and brings joy into everything
- Have a passion for health and wellness and the great outdoors
- Protect, honour and respect the well-being of the children
- Excellent collaborative skills and an open mindset is essential
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills are essential.
- Must have strong communication, and management abilities.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills, which will be used to communicate with children, management, employees, parents/guardians, community agencies, and general public.
- Must have excellent time management and possess strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work independently and have a positive professional attitude
- To have a good understanding of the Child Care Early Years Act.
- Up to date with Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR or enrolled
- Criminal reference check – vulnerable sector screening
- Added RECE/ECE experience an asset
- Food Handler Trained an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office System
Successful candidate will be required to provide:
- Copies of certificates of the aforementioned qualifications
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- Standard First Aid/CPR certification, or proof of enrollment in course
Location: 345 Sorauren Ave., Toronto (High Park/Roncesvalles)